Hey guys! It's Rita here. We're back in breakfast action with this deliciously crunchy granola. We've had this recipe under our wings for over a year now. We originally came up with it for a couple of friends of ours' project. They opened a hip and cool spot in our hometown, in the south of Portugal, and served smoothie bowls topped with granola by day and delicious funky cocktails by night. They have sinced then moved onto different projects, but several of their regular costumers could not bare the idea of not having this granola ever again. Luckily for them, we do have our own little corner of the interwebs! This delicious granola can now be easily made in the comfort of their own home. And we hope everyone else will love it just as much!
This is as easy as it gets, really. This recipe requires only 10 ingredients, comes together in 20 minutes and it's completely allergy friendly (nut-free and gluten-free)! It's so addictive we like to refer to it as "popcorn" over in our home. Let's just say we may have devoured one full jar of this granola while binge watching the first season of Dark on Netflix (awesome tv show btw). Eat it as is, drench it in plant-based milk or sprinkle it over big dollops of vegan yoghurt. Heck, André's even had it over oatmeal (oats on oats, I know... the guy eats a lot)!
We hope you guys enjoy this. Give it a go, leave us a comment and make sure to tag #cocooncooksblog if you share it on Instagram! We love scrolling through everyone's creations. :)
Super Crunchy Cornflake Granola
20 minutes | makes 7 cups / 600 gr.
2 1/2 cups | 250 gr. rolled oat flakes
2 cups | 70 gr. organic cornflakes
1 1/2 cup | 40 gr. puffed rice
1/2 cup | 100 gr. buckwheat
2 tbsp flax seeds
1 tbsp coconut sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp fine himalayan salt
1/3 cup | 80 ml. coconut oil, melted but not hot
1/3 cup | 80 ml.
STEP BY STEP
Start by gathering, preparing and measuring all of the ingredients. This will improve your dynamic in the kitchen.
- Preheat your oven to 340ºF | 170ºC.
- Start by adding the cornflakes to a large mixing bowl and crunch them up lightly with your hands, so as to get bits and pieces with different sizes.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients to the bowl and fold everything together.
- Add the coconut oil and maple syrup to a small bowl and mix until they're perfectly combined.
- Pour this mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well, ensuring everything is well coated and there are no dry spices left in the bottom of the bowl.
- Spread your mixture on a baking tray (or two, if yours isn't big enough) lined with baking paper and bake in the oven for 7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and give it a good mix.
- Put back in the oven for an additional 6-7 minutes, but pay close attention to your granola! It will turn golden brown in no time and it will be ready.
- Remove from the oven and let cool down completely. Your granola will crisp up as it cools down.
- Store it in an airtight jar or container.